Premed 101 Forums

Employment related to medicine

Guest eg77

Guest eg77

So I'm waitlisted right now but I've been starting to look for a job. I'm wondering if anybody here has good recomendations on some good places to apply to that would be related to med. I already have a lot of lab research experience...I'm hoping for something like clinical trials research assistant, healthcare policy research, etc.

I've been checking out the UBC human resources website and applied to a few jobs there. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Guest shetland23

hey

would you like my job? i work at st pauls as a research assistant. its not a lab job but a clinical research one. you get to hang out with doctors and resident and u have internet.

i think one of the req is that u have to swim

J

Guest Persistent

Shet, that sounds like quite the interesting job... what exactly did you do as a clinical research assistant that would require you to swim and have internet access as a perk? :P

Persistent.

Guest shetland23

My boss has a tendency to hire swim team people, his reasoning is that swimmers are self directed people.

You have access to a computer and internet.

He gives you a research project or you come up with one, and you basically recruit patients from the hospital and/or his clinic, and then write up and then get published.

Guest TheEleventhFinger

that sounds like a really good job! do non-swimmers have a chance at all? i know how to swim but not a regular swimmer.

Archived