Premed 101 Forums

when to first apply to ubc, to the US

Guest jake87

Guest jake87

noob question but just wondering when is the first chance to apply ?

ubc accepts applications starting june, so do most apply after 2nd year, then write mcat in august ? finish up pre-reqs in 3rd year and hear from results in spring of 3rd year????

and i know in the states its a slightly different process (rolling?!?!?) meaning applying early is more beneficial.. how to define 'early'?? end of 2nd year?? beginning of 3rd??

thanks!

Guest GundamDX

ubc needs min. 90 credits. Ofcoz you can push yourself so bad to get that done in first 2 years, but I have never heard anyone doing that. A lot of people apply during their 3rd year... the theory is that you won't get in the first time... then the next year when you apply you'll get in, so you'll start in the Sept after you graduate. ie you "apply for fun" during 3rd year or "apply just for the heck of it"

I personally wasn't ready to apply (due to a lot of reasons... MCAT, ECs, etc) back in 3rd or even 4th year (maybe I didn't want to). Applied this year (did Co-op so it's 5-year degree) and got into UBC. It's really up to you. Personally I rather apply once and get in as a graduating student then applied 3 times starting from third year :P

Guest jake87

oh yeah totally forgot about the 90 credits thing at ubc.. .and i suppose there's no hurry since most don't get in right after 3rd year anyway...

anyone know anything about a general timeline for applying to the states? esp. to apply 'early' so you get an early interview date? is it at the beginning of the year?

Guest Madz25

for US, there's no poing in applying unless you'll be done your degree by the time you start med school - apply at the end of 3rd year/start of 4th year.

Madz

Archived