Premed 101 Forums

Deferral

Guest jjd322

Guest jjd322

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in and good luck to those on the waitlist.

I'm wondering if anyone of this forum has any information on deferrals, mainly in terms of completion of a PhD. I'm in the delayed situation at the moment and stressing out about this a lot. If anyone's in the same boat or knows anything about the deferral procedure advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Guest Kels2004

Hi there,

I think your best bet is to go right to the admissions office for advice.

If I remember right, I had to sign something with my acceptance (or maybe it was later) promising I would have finished my MSc before medical school started.

I believe they do this to deter people from starting grad programs and then dropping them once they get into med.

From your post it sounds like you are almost done your PhD, expected to be done by the summer, and may not be, rather than the above scenario. Hope you can get some solid information from admissions - good luck.

Kels

Guest jjd322

Thanks for your info. I was certainly expecting to finish this summer but in the past several months I've been delayed in my work because of collaboration problems. I really hope UBC will be understanding of this.

Archived