Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships

Guest qootan

Guest qootan

Congratulations to those that got in! And good luck to all that are still waiting.

I have a question about the scholarships offered at UBC. When do you find out if you receive one? Do they notify you along with the acceptance letter? Thanks so much! (Still hoping that I'll get one :b )

I am so excited to be in! Looking forward to seeing all of you in August! :rollin

Guest goodgye

I was wondering, do we have to apply for these scholarships, or are they kinda like faculty nominated ones in undergrad??

Guest Kels2004

Hey there,

If I remember right, there were 2 types (in general). The "entrance type" faculty of med awards you did not need to apply for. However, if you wanted to apply for external UBC scholarships/ bursaries, you were able to do that too. There should be more info on that from Victoria Lambert.

Hope that helps.

Kels

Guest qootan

So I guess if you are a recipient of the "entrance awards" they notify you on your acceptance letter? Or does UBC decide on scholarship recipients after the students accept the offer? As you can see I am still desperately hoping that I'll get something offset the tuition costs lol.

Thanks for your help!

Archived