Premed 101 Forums

1 MORE DAY!!!

Guest loud noises

Guest loud noises

Yes, I know we have a line already going titled ~5 more days, but I figured we should have a new thread...one possibly for any last words.

My last words are the same that I've been using to get myself through this whole process- things happen for a reason and whatever meant to be will be.

Yep, that's about it...I'm going to lie to myself to make myself believe that tommorow is going to be a day just like any other just so I don't freak out.

Talk to everyone tommorow either way.:D

Guest Tyler

When I see my results im going to close my eyes before looking - I guess im the kind of guy who walks slowly into cold water - anyone else? Or are you a jump right in kind of person?

I have to work early tommorow so I guess ill have to check at work - I wish i could be at home -

i hope we all can sleep tonight!!

Tyler

Guest GundamDX

i second your attitude loud noises, that's how i feel too :) subjective things are out of our control and the best we can do is... well, do what we do best :P ...to prepare for the news and react accordingly. Hopefully it will only take a day or two to recover lol

good luck everyone.

Guest goodgye

Yeah, I totally agree with you too loud noises! I think that's the only thing that will keep my spirit alive if i end up getting rejected tomorrow (or whenever its going to be....)

Good Luck to Everyone!:)

Guest Procuitto

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would give you the heads up that last year, I didn't get into UBC and I was DEVASTATED! Utterly devastated. It took me several weeks to get over it. Fortunately I got into U of T (HA HA) and although I was happy I got into a school I wasn't too happy about coming out east at first (due to a long term relationship). I am now THRILLED I came here. It fixed a lot of the situations I had before and everything totally fell into place!

Now, my life is better than ever! Who knew!?

So, good things can come from bad things!

Keep your chins up and best-of-luck tomorrow!

Whatever you do - remember to drink when you get the news regardless!

Cheers,

Procuitto

Guest islander09

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that the med students on the Island are rooting for you all!!!

Best of Luck!:D

Guest Persistent

OH God, Please be today!!!! I'm sick of waking up early and checking every few minutes....and I don't even want to be the first one to find out! I'm having a bad feeling about this today...maybe it's better that I don't find out today. But can't help but check!

So where is everybody at the moment?!

Guest mshammer

hey guys...

I'm an OOP waiting to hear from UBC, but I just got an email from UofT saying I'm IN!! I was expecting letter mail later in the week.

So, maybe if you can find something else to do and come back, the right surprise will find you!

good luck!!!

Guest Persistent

CONGRATULATIONS MSHAMMER!! That's awesome!!!!! Well you can take a load off now that you have at least one play to start med at! Have a wonderful day... maybe u'll get another good news from UBC today and make this day unforgettable. Good Luck. Where would u prefer to go out of curiosity.

Guest mshammer

Thanks, Persistent!

Well, I'm going to accept at UofT for a lot of logistical reasons. I like the programs at both schools, although I ranked the IMP as my first choice at UBC, so the class size is an obvious difference. But, my husband has a good job here in Toronto that he enjoys, and we bought a condo here. Plus, I will be finishing my MSc just within the july 1 deadline, so there really isn't much time to make such a big move this summer. And, my husband is from the west coast and I'm from the east coast, so being in Toronto also works out well family-wise.

Both schools have such great programs, so I can't lose either way! And there are SO MANY opportunities at UofT, so I'm ecstatic about getting in. But I do have some good friends who are already in at UBC and some who are waiting IMpatiently to hear about this year, so it's really too bad I won't be able to go through medicine with that crew. Plus all the great people on this board!!

good luck this week!!

Archived