Premed 101 Forums

~ 30 more days.....

Guest Parii

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FastEddy

Just to add to the speculation...

About two weeks ago I spoke with someone on the admissions committee for the NMP and they mentioned they were flying down for the final decision a few days later. In the words of this individual: "you should be finding out sooner than you think"

...mysterious, I say...

Guest Paulchemguy

bah, i'm sure someone will be checking everyday now becuz of that post :P

just make sure you tell the rest of us when it's up hehe :)

Guest GundamDX

HAHA I won't check until you guys let me know that it's up. If I dont get it then I have to move out of rez, so I guess it's good to know ASAP after it's out :) but anyway...

Guest medsmurf

Last year the admissions committee met at the end of April to make the final decisions yet we still didn't find out the results until mid-May. I wouldn't count on finding out the results too much earlier than May 15...although it would be nice if I was wrong.

Guest grobz
"you should be finding out sooner than you think"

What if that person was telling you a figuritive, good-old-buddy-your-worrying-too-much-pat-on-the-back type of "you should be finding out sooner than you think". Like when I used to get so excited for Christmas that I couldn't sleep from, like, Dec 1st on, and my mom would say, "Don't worry pumpkin, Christmas will be here sooner than you think".

I'm not sure if my mother ever called my pumpkin, but I hope you get my point. I have found that with everyone around me so darned suportive these days, ("I'm sure you'll get in") it's hard to know who to really trust!;)

g

Guest Persistent

So on a scale of 1-10 how annoying is it for you to hear ppl say "i'm sure you'll get in"... or even better "i'm sure you'll get in this time!" ESPECIALLY when it comes from ppl who don't know what it really takes to get into Med, UBC Med especially!

Guest MKxox

I would give it 8 out of 10. hahaha

What's even more annoying is when they plan around the assumption that you're gonna get in!!>:

These postings are fun. Make the wait less boring. Keep em coming people!:D

Cheers,

xox

Guest goodgye

I have to admit I started checking my status when Eddy said that. I just phoned Admissions and asked if they actually had a date set when they'd be offering admissions, and they gave me the standard "according to the website, it will be in mid- may"

No S%&$.

I Guess i should have known better than to have even bothered asking.

Guest FastEddy

Oh I know when someone is just trying to be reassuring... this wasn't anything like that, though I agree that can be quite annoying - I give it a 4/10 on the annoying scale, actually - I'd rather someone say "Oh I know you'll make it in!" than "pffft! you!? a doctor!? are you serious?!? :o

just to provide some more tantalizing details: the discourse in question took place in a shadowy bar and involved what I think were moderate levels of inebriation...

...circumstances which, I feel, upped said statement's coefficient of legitimacy... no longer were we subject to the banalities of small-talk reassurance and white-lies... here I was on the receiving end of hard-line fact... ...enigmatic and pretty damn nebulous hard-line fact ;)

funny thing is we'll probably hear about acceptances on May 15th just as we expect to. At least we can bide the time speculating on hearsay and conspiracy theories (shotgun on the Vatican being behind it all)

I'll check every couple of days up until the second week in May, after which I'll start my regimen of two doses of application-status-checking with every meal :D

-E

Guest Persistent

You know what else sucks.... They probably already have a list of 100-200 people that they have already put on the reject list!!!! But, nooooo they can't share that with us till every candidate is evaluated!!! (to be honest, it actually helps in one sense cus or else we would be checking every half an hour every day and hoping nothing pops up on our message line!!... but it's fun to complain!!)

Guest Paulchemguy

too bad april fool's long gone, else it'd be fun for someone to scream out THE RESULTS ARE OUT.

and maybe some people will catch only the bold uppercase words, not having the patience to read the entire sentence, and scramble off to check their status :rollin

Guest grobz

FastEddy,

How are so tight with an admissions officer that you get to tip back the suds with him/her? Lucky!!

Note: the word "lucky was typed in the same vocal intonation Napoleon Dynamite used in the following scene:

Pedro: It's a Sledgehammer.

Napoleon: Shocks...Pegs...LUCKY!

Guest FastEddy

nah, I just bumped into the person. I think it was the day that most people at UNBC finished their exams so pretty much the entire student body was out on the town.

Hey if this is the Fast Eddy that I think it is, I can certainly back up his claim as I was there that night as well. However, I must also comment on the state of soberness of both he and myself. I remember that night being slightly out of hand. As such, any conversations with adcom personnel attempted during this time should be taken with a grain of salt.

Haha, I'm just kidding. I trust FastEddy's recollection of that night much more clearly than my own. He was certainly right about the "shadowy bar" part hahaha.

Anyway, if this is not the FastEddy that I think it is, sorry...but if I'm right, let me know what happens in May and hopefully I'll see you in Vancouver.

-Sean (bowling alter ego Sdeep)

Guest FastEddy

haha Hey Sean. Crazy man! its you!

I've always wondered if I actually knew anyone on this forum. I'll get your email off Megger and we'll get in touch. In the meantime, keep it real, true northerner style and avoid falling into any more frozen lakes! :rollin

-E

That falling into the frozen lake wasn't even my fault. It was the ice's, it was supposed to hold me up. I've got a bruise the size of a dinner plate on my leg from where I hit the side of the ice slab when I fell through, it's spectacular. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

-Sean

Archived