Premed 101 Forums

Final evaluation

Guest UBCstu

Does anyone know what the final evaluation for admission is based on? Are interview scores the big factor? Is MCAT looked at? Or do they look at the whole package again?

Guest TKP 123

Hi,

Based on my knowledge, they are going to look at everything again at the end, with the interview score being the biggest factor.

Enjoy the wait until Mid-May.

Guest Parii

Hi there,

last year they put rejection/acceptance/wait-listed basically all together online. It was a black Friday, May 13th!!

Upon this initial notification, additional letters were sent by mail (things such as the break down of your scores etc).

pari

Guest Parii

Thank you TKP 123,

I still remember your post trying to help me recover from the rejection trauma last May! somethings you just don't forget! I must admit that Friday was one of the (perhapst THE) worst day in my entire living time!

pari

Guest shetland23

Sorry, just to confirm... they post it online? I was under the impression that they mail out decisions. But, online is much easier to check. Good luck to everyone :) J

• 1 month later...
Guest Maple21

I was just wondering - do we need to have a final transcript for this year sent in to UBC in may as soon as our final marks are available? or does that only apply if we get in or are still under consideration ?

Guest mshammer

Hi...

this is sort of random, but since Pari seems to remember 'black friday' so well, I'm curious if anyone knows around what TIME in the day it was posted - I'm in Ontario, and the 3 hour time difference could be the difference between a good or bad vs. neurotic weekend...I'm a volunteer youth leader at a campsite the weekend of May 13th, so after 4pm EST I'll be out of the internet loop until Sunday!

Guest ssc427

I'm guessing it won't be black Friday this year. It will be black Monday. The reason that it was Friday last year was becasue the 15th, the day they're supposed to issue acceptances fell on a weekend. This year it does not. So an extra two days of waiting.

I could be wrong about my Monday theory - that's just a guess.

Guest medsmurf

Hi,

Looking back at last years posts the first person posted at 8:21am on May 13 saying that they had been accepted. I think they trigger everyones online application with the results at the same time, however last year there were some problems with some of the online applications and those people (myself included) had to contact admissions to re-trigger their application (hopefully this won't happen this year).

Link: p090.ezboard.com/fpremed1...=1&stop=20

Archived