Premed 101 Forums

Volunteer Coordinators NEEDED!

Guest Persistent

Guest Persistent

Hey Everyone!

I am looking for 2-3 bright, enthusiastic, friendly individuals to coordinate a youth program called G.R.O.W. (Gradually Realizing One's Worth). GROW is a program aimed to get our youth involved in the community through volunteering and participating in recreational activities. GROW provides its members the opportunity to try out various activities in a group setting that they may not be able to or willing to try on their own. It's a wonderful program that began in April 2003 and is now looking to recruit some new members as well as a few coordinators.

QUALIFICATIONS:

-attending a post-secondary institution or have graduated already

-can commit a minimum of 4 hours per week (half of the time involves preparation, which can be done at home).

-must undergo a criminal record check.

SKILLS:

-team player

-excellent leadership skills

-keeping self updated on community events

-organizational skills

-punctuality, reliability, commitment

DUTIES:

-give presentations to high school classes to recruit new members

-research into community events where members can volunteer as a group

-make contacts with other organizations looking for volunteers

-organize recreational activities

-hold weekly meetings

-keep track of volunteer hours

-provide references for members if requested

-report to program coordinators biweekly (via email)

-attend monthly or bimonthly team meeting with fellow volunteer coordinators and program coordinators

-HAVE FUN!! BE FUN!!

BENEFITS:

(Most of you are Med-hopefuls so I don't think I need to elaborate on the perks of volunteering, but here are a few points to remember).

-Have FUN! ;)

-Volunteer hours

-references (from people who understand how it feels like to be in your shoes, if you're a med-hopeful*)

-an excuse to enjoy the great outdoors

-make contacts in the community

If this sounds like you, or someone you know, please leave me a private message.

*This opportunity is NOT restricted to prospective Med-School students!!! Those in any other discipline will receive just as good a reference ;)

Thanks!!!!

Archived