Premed 101 Forums

Significance of Interview

Guest Paulchemguy

Guest Paulchemguy

I'm just curious. Is the interview score 50% of your entire application score? I think I heard it somewhere but I'm not sure.

My academics aren't that good and my extracurricular aren't outstanding either, but say I got an interview, does that mean I still got a good chance of getting in if I do 'well' on the interview?

Thanks,

Paul

Guest ewon2003

I think there is a bit more to it than simply adding up interview, and pre-interview scores.

My understanding is that after interview is done, the reps will review the file again and will have discussion on each individual application. The file reviewer will probably have to present the applicant to the committee which will then vote either to admit, waitlist or reject.

Guest TKP 123

I have a feeling that the interview is more significant than what they claim as 50% worth... I think that it is the most important part of your application.

However, I also remember someone in the past claiming that even though they score 25/25 in their interview section, they are still not granted for admission due to other parts of theirr application (pre-req avg, culminative GPA, EC, etc...). It seems contradictory because you would think that they only look at interview at the post-interview stage, but the fact is that everything in your application is looked at again before admission is offered. So nailing your interview to a perfect score does not 100% guarantee your admission, but it does increase your chances.

Anyway, at this stage, focussing on your interview is the best thing you can do.

Archived