Premed 101 Forums

applicant scoring equations

Guest drcave

Thanks,

That is helpful but does anyone have more details? Assuming the equation for AQ is a simple linear equation like other institutions all we need is one more data point and we can figure out the formula, or if we had many data points we could really know for sure. Does anybody who applied for 2006 with less than 85% cumulative and last 60 credits averages feel like participating in a little reverse engineering project?

For NAQ would people be willing to post their scores along with their qualifications so that we can get an idea of what constitutes a 5 in leadership vs a 2 etc. etc.

It looks like UBC is the best bet for me, being a BC resident many of the Ontario Universities that I would like to attend have high GPA cutoffs for OOPA's where they just don't look at your application at all if you don't make one of the cutoffs. My 3.7 GPA doesn't cut it and neither would my mediocre "O" on the MCAT writing sample.

Guest kaymcee

To be entirely honest, I don't want to take the time to figure this out, but here are my details:

Pre-requisite Average: 77.00 (My suspicions were correct regarding UBC's generally unfair evaluation of UVic's grades: A+=90%, A=85%, etc.).

Overall GPA: 80.60.

Final 60 Credits: 82.70.

AQ Score: 20.80.

I'm sure with a few more people submitting their scores, the AQ formula could be determined.

Hey Jgray, you didn't give all your GPA's Prereq, overall and last 60.

In theory all we need is 3 equations with 3 unknowns and its solvable with simple algebra which I have to admit I don;t think I've done since high school in 1990 :)

Keep the data flowing and maybe we can do multiple linear regression but I'm pretty sure we will have some autocorrelation screwing with the data.

Guest kaymcee

No, it's not really necessary at all, GundamDX. It's purely for interest's sake. It would be good to know what, exactly, a certain percentage would get you in terms of AQ score. There is a possibility that, like the NAQ, it's normalized. Either way, we need more people to volunteer their numbers.

curiosity

I've only just decided to apply to medical school and I wonder how I would have done in this round. Why? Because I need to know the likelihood of admittance in order decide how much effort to put into my backup plan.

Normalize schmormalize, lies, damn lies, and statistics

Archived