Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else have an unchecked item?

Guest nostalg

Guest nostalg

There's a message on the FAQs (posted oct. 31st) saying that everyone's documents should be updated.

However, my transcripts still say "unreceived".

I had handed in two transcripts on two separate occassions, so I'm wondering if they lost one of them.

Anyone else have an unchecked item still?

I have emailed the office to inquire, but they have not replied yet.

Guest canuck1

As for the citizenship requirement, I think the FAQ page also says somewhere that if you're born in BC, you don't have to submit anything. I checked the born in BC residency requirement and while my document status used to say that the citizenship docs weren't received, now the line is gone completely. I just noticed this this morning...

Guest nostalg

I got a reply from UBC med regarding my unchecked transcript. They said to try checking my application now, and yup, everything is checked now.

So for those of you who had unchecked items even after october 31st (except for the citizenship mistakes that are going on), try checking again.

all my stuff is green. Good sign.

Still waiting to see if they will accept all the pre-req. Kind of maybe.. but we will see thing.

January will come by really fast and then its all fast track from there.

Good luck

Guest FungManX

hey docbil, what year are you in?

Why don't you just finish your DO degree and do a residency.. you'll still be able to come back to practice after writing a few exams no?

Hi FungmaNx,

I have not started med school yet. I was to start in August but deferred for one year.

I would not mind going and doing a DO and coming back to Canada. I think a DO in Canada will do really well. Especially in places like BC, AB and Quebec. The DOs I know in Canada are doing well and are happy.

People have become a little more open to preventative medicine and alternative way of looking at things (Please note, this is not alternative medicine), just a different aproach and dealing with patients and their illnesses. The treatment and method is almost always the same. Maybe DO would be less likely/less trigger happy to perscribe hard core medications. Instead suggest to patients to drop the extra pounds and do more sports etc...

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, I will have to turn down that offer. Cause I have NOOOO MONEY TO GO TO THE STATES.

Its sad hey.

In Canada we at least have a chance to get student loan and private loan.

Archived