Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else having problems submitting the application?

Guest Madz25

Hey Guys,

I was trying all morning to log in and I think they finally put the server back up. I still have the same problems as mentioned earlier about submitting fee and working, but then the survey crashes. I also noticed that the server goes crazy back and forth wrt it saying that I haven't filled any of the sections out. I just kept trying to submit and it finally went through. I re-logged in and now it says that my Application fee is paid (in green on the right panel).

Anyone know if we didn't completely fill out the survey (ie. it crashed when trying to submit) that our application still got through? Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Madz25

Hi,

At least the server is back up ...sort of. I tried logging in and it said app fee received. However, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. Now it wont even let me log in saying the username/pswd are invalid!

I'm thinking the same thing..whether my application was submitted or not. I did the survey, and it went through and I got to the final page that said exit. I'm still doubtful though since no confirmation email.

Madz

P.S. going crazy as well over here...

I also have the same problem: when I click "continue" I get the message that I still haven't fill out all the parts of application which they are already filled out! I keep calling the admissions office and the mail box is full and noboday picks up. I am missing work and am sitting here since 5:00 AM. I am so glad you guys are around!

So, what shall we do?

Parii

Guest DramaticallyCounterintuitive

I just talked to someone the admissions office, and they said that the server has been disabled temporarily (ie. you won't be able to log in) while they resolve the technical difficulties. They weren't able to say whether there would be an extension on the deadline, but told me to keep checking the FAQ on the website for updates.

I hope this is resolved before I have to go to the lab at noon...

Guest Paulchemguy

well i just went to the office too. i saw someone over there arguing with the admissions person. she seems pretty annoyed with that guy.... and she seems definite when she said there's no extension... o damn

Guest AnxiousBoy

I'm having the same problem with everyone else. I also called the admissions office but they gave me the impression that it was all our fault for trying to submit on the last day. They also gave me the impression that they aren't going to do anything about it. Sigh~

Guest ice princess01683

i'm in the same boat.

sorta sitting here panicking.

i finally got through to the med admissions people, and they said they took off the server because of the high volume of users, but to "keep checking".

SOME HELP THAT WAS!

Guest TekLilly

The admissions people told me to keep checking the FAQ page of their Web site - that's where they will announce any extension of the deadline, if there is one. But, they did NOT promise that there will be an extension!

Guest riffraff

hi,

i submitted my application yesterday in the evening and got a confirmation email immediately

good luck getting the applications in guys

Guest BandaBoarder

Hey Dudes,

Yes the exact same thing happened last year. Now that the deadline has been extended til tomorrow, just give it a couple hours for the volume to go down and it will work perfectly again. Now that you have another 24 hours, just take your time and don't rush.

Cheers,

Banda

Ps - I wish someone had told me this when I was in tears last year trying to get my appy to submit!:D

Mr Counterintuitive,

I agree it's the responsibility of admissions to put up a reliable system (hopefully over time, things will be improved due to increases in the number of applications. But with limited resources, time, and the god-given fact that s**t happens from time to time, in my opinion it's ultimately your responsibility if you want to take the chance and submit last minute.

I had the same problem last year, but got through. I had the same problem with OMSAS two years ago (they extended the deadline btw) and eventually managed to get through. It's somewhat frustrating, but I certainly wasn't going to blame them for anything. It was my decision to leave the submitting to last minute knowing full well its "student" human nature that we do such things and that admissions may not have a system that's up to the task on the "11th hour" of the deadline.

I'm glad they extended your deadlines.

Alas, you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. Good luck with the rest of the process. I'm sure I'll see many of you during the interview weekend.

Kupo

Guest Madz25

When you log back in you shouldn't see the screen with the checkmarks. The first screen you'll see has all your documents and their status. You can see the rest of your application by clicking "next."

I submitted mine today and it supposedly went through. I received no confirmation email and when I logged in, the application looked exactly the way it did before I submitted. So I tried a second time, and then the confirmation email came right away and when I logged back in I saw the screen I described in the previous paragraph.

Madz

Guest MedBound786

Okay...so here's my problem:

I submitted on Saturday, Oct. 1 and got the credit card payment reference number, questionaire completion and the E-mail confirmation as well. But now when I try to check the status of my application, it tells me that the application fee is NOT received.

How's this possible ??

Guest kahone

I got the same thing...after I submitted it wasn't there but then it appeared there yesterday when I logged back in. I also have Secondary School transcripts as not received but I know those were sent...I checked the SUpporting Docs section a dozen times and saw no reference to any other Citizenship material other than what I've already had forwarded...probably an error as jaugwon says.

K

Guest jaegwon

From the FAQ:

Q. Why do I need to submit citizenship documentation when I was born in Canada?

A. You are NOT required to submit proof of citizenship if you were born in Canada.

...I suspect they must just be having a problems with the database.

Archived