Premed 101 Forums

anyone from UBC encounter this problem?

Guest nostalg

Hello,

I graduated from UBC this past spring, and i'm applying to medical schools nationwide. I received an email today from U of Manitoba, saying that the english courses I took (ENGL 110 & ENGL112) do not satisfy their requirements!

but a lot of other school don't have any problems with these courses.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

any replies would be appreciated

Guest GundamDX

Hey... a friend of mine tried to apply to U of M last year and no, ENGL 112 doesn't count as the "essay" course they require... he took a higher level english course this year... I can't remember the number but he said it's actually easy... I'll post the course up once I found out what it is...

I did 110 and 112 only so that's why I am not applying to U of M this year...

-DX

yes, if you could please let me know that would be very helpful.

Do you know if I would have to apply to UBC again to be able to register in an english course, since i've already graduated?

Thank you. Any help is appreciated!

Guest thatuvicguy

Hey,

Not much help to you, but just for sympathy's sake: I went so far as to courier my application to U of M last year having somehow missed the fact that they require some &^(*!?$ 3rd year english lit class or the like. At least you're finding out in advance! Especially for those who have taken lots of credits and have a decent MCAT, U of M is a good prospect.

Cheers,

thatuvicguy

Archived