Premed 101 Forums

AP Transcript sent to wrong address :(

Guest RedPotato

Guest RedPotato

I used AP credits to satisfy my English requirements, and requested an official AP transcript to be sent to UBC in early September. The transcript was sent to UBC, but not to the med admissions office! I just realized that today, so it's too late to request a new one before the deadline. Would I be disqualified?

But reading this gives me a little hope:

AP or IB Program or Credits

All applicants who are claiming AP or IB credits to satisfy a prerequisite requirement are required to send official AP or IB transcripts by the application deadline. Credit granted by a post-secondary institution other than UBC does not waive the applicant's responsibility to send official AP or IB transcripts to the Admissions Office. Failure to satisfy this requirement may render your application as incomplete.

You must also send one set of official IB or AP transcripts to the Admissions Office by the application deadline (note: Please use institution code #3939 to ensure that AP transcripts are released and mailed to our office). UBC students who have been granted IB or AP transfer credit in the above subject areas do not need to submit official IB or AP transcripts.

I did my undergrad at UBC and did receive transfer credits, which is clearly stated on my UBC transcript, does this mean that technically I didn't have to send an AP transcript in the first place? What do you guys think?

Mine was sent to the wrong place too! (Even though I specified the admissions office!) But, I think, since we both have transfer credit, we'll be okay (especially since it specifically says in the application instructions that UBC students who have been granted transfer credits do not need to send an official transcript)

Guest Melisende

I confirmed with the admissions office and they told me that "Please note that although your official transcripts will show that you receive credit for that course, we require an official AP transcript for your permanent file."

Archived