Premed 101 Forums

Fee Inquires For Med Year 1

Guest misspt

Guest misspt

I just registed at the SCC. When I looked under fee inquires, it says that I've paid a deposit of $300 under Transaction Details, but at the same time under Future Due Dates it says that the amount paid is only $200. So I still have a balance of $7299.77 due on Sept 7th. Where did the $100 go? Does everyone else's say the same thing? Or is it a typo or something with mine? Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest AceUBC

Hey. What may have happened is that $100 of your initial $300 deposit got used as the UBC Registration Deposit. Every student at UBC must pay the $100 before they are eligible to register, but seeing as how we Med students pay the deposit directly to the Faculty, $100 may have been transferred to cover this reg deposit, thus showing an amount paid as $200.

I just checked my account details and it shows my balance owing as $7,199.77 on September 7th, which makes sense because I paid the extra $100 deposit to UBC in order to be eligible to register (I didn't know they would automatically transfer the $100 from the $300 Med deposit).

Hope this makes sense. If it doesn't, your best bet is probably to talk to someone in Administration.

Guest LLBD

I've been having a problem with this as well. My registration through the SSC is blocked because it says I haven't paid my acceptance fee (the initial $300) and that $100 is still outstanding (which would be the registration fee). So is there a separate $100 that needs to be paid to register, or is this included in the acceptance fee? My acceptance fee is listed as being paid on my admissions page.

This may all be explained in the registration package, but from reading posts on here it is evident that people have registered before receiving the package in the mail.....? :|

Guest misspt

I still didn't get my registeration package either, but did manage to register without it. I only paid the initial $300 dollar deposit and the system automatically deducted $100 towards the registeration fee. That's why I didn't understand where the $100 went until AceUBC explained it.

Guest Malikar

Hi,

I just wanted to further clarify this.

$100 is used as a registration deposit, which I think is a standard amount across all, or most, programs at UBC. It get's applied to your amount owing as a credit. So, when I first paid my reg deposit for Pharm my amount owing was -$100 before adding courses and an STT.

Thankfully it's $100 that isn't just eaten by UBC as yet another fee but is a deposit towards tuition.

Cheers,

Mal

Archived