Premed 101 Forums

UBC med dancing group

Guest kickassdancer

Guest kickassdancer

hi everyone

i am happy to say that i was accepted to ubc med school in september! i am moving from saskatoon to vancouver and there is so much i don't know about my new city. mostly i am hoping that there will be a good group of people in my class to go out dancing with. maybe we can start a club. i love all kinds of music but mostly i am into latin. i am kind of tall though so sometimes i feel awkward with the smaller women.

so will someone go dancing with me?

Andre

Guest deeMD

Hey, I love dancing! I just started checking out some of the free salsa lessons/nights they have going on in Vancouver and it's SOO much fun...despite being a very tall female and feeling probably even more awkward than you, kickassdancer!

For sure we'll go out!

deeMD

Guest deeMD

Hey Kickassdancer,

I know you were kidding. I do have a boyfriend ;) ... but I go out dancing without him all the time, and he's cool with it. The last time I went out for salsa though, he came with us and actually really enjoyed it.

Anyone else interested?

DMD

Guest sparkle

So Andre...I like tall guys...and I don't have a boyfriend...but I'm only 5'4, is that too 'small' for you?

just joking ;)

Looking forward to meeting yal. And salsa sounds like fun!!! Though I've never tried before :\

Guest notamedic

Man, I'm into the Vancouver night scene (although it pales in comparison to Montreal's and Toronto's), so I'm up for dancing too......

.......in fact, I plan on getting a lot of that in before the summer ends!

There's actually a ballroom dance club at UBC that offers both latin and standard dancing.

Classes run once a week and it's a great way to make new friends.

Then there's the Salsa club and the Swing kids too...

all these dancing and socializing...

can't wait to meet you all!

Anyway, let me know if you want more info.

Guest kickassdancer

when I dance sometimes I like to take off my shirt. I was very popular once when I shaved a butterfly into my chest hair.

Guest not rex morgan

A few people in my class with Latin roots used to go to Mesa Luna on Broadway and Cypress all the time. They have Salsa there. I figure if the Latin's go, it must be good. Check it out when you get there.

Archived