Premed 101 Forums

Death by GPA

Guest jasminrr

Guest jasminrr

Hi everyone,

My chances look grim, but just in case, does anyone know of some good GPA boosters? I'm more inclined towards artsy courses, but anything will do.

Thank you in advance for all your help and good luck!

J

Guest Transpeptidase

-FNH 355 (hardly any work and easy exams)

-ANTH 103 (lots of work but easy exams)

-Soil Biology

-classical studies (too easy!)

Guest osjx82

If you're really desperate, then go for those so-called average boosters, but the admissions ppl at UBC know what courses are average boosters when they see them. I mean it's not that hard to tell, when some classes have like 500 people and the average is like 85%.

I say it's much more beneficial both personally and admission-wise to go after courses that sound interesting to you, and to do well in them, than to fill up your schedule with some well-known average boosters.

just my $0.02

Guest TKP 123

I still think that at the end, it is the numbers (or % GPA) which concern the Adcom when they are trying to compare all 600 interviewees. It won't be feasible to consider all candidates and take into consideration of who have more difficult courses. It will take them forever otherwise.

However, say if you are in the waitlist, then they may consider what courses you are taking more carefully, because in this case, they are just comparing between several candidates competing for 1 spot in the waitlist.

Archived