Premed 101 Forums

On-line Application

Guest Tyler

Guest Tyler

I started filling out my on-line application and found that when I wanted to put a new heading or new activity under my non-academic stuff that it would arbitrarily stick the new activity either before or after the previous activity i put in. Same went for my employment info - anyone else have this problem?

It also said in the frequently asked questions that you shouldnt make a new id, use your old one and you can fill in the new details, but i tried using my last year sign in name and password for this years app and it didnt work - anyone know anything about this?

Tyler

Guest adduction

Hi Tyler,

Are you sure the online application is ordering your non-academic/employment stuff arbitrarily and not chronographically? I found when I did it last year, it was ordered by date.

As for the old ID vs the new ID. It's best to contact the admission's office abt that.

Guest Dunes

Hi Tyler,

Actually, you do need to have a new ID and password for the new application. This is what the website says in the FAQ under (two applications, which one should I fill):

"Returning applicants who applied last year can continue to access their application forms until September 15, 2005 and can click on 2004/05: CHECK APPLICATION STATUS. If you are returning applicant, you will need to create a new Username and Password in 2005/06: APPLY ONLINE. Do not use the same username or password for both versions. You will need to re-enter your information on the new application form. The two applications are not transferrable."

I wish we could just use last year's and just update it. It would have been way easier :)

Good luck with filling the app. :)

Dunes

Guest Tyler

Dunes,

I thought we could use your old id because of this input in the FAQ, but since its not working ill keep going with the new one.

"Updated 17Jun05:

We apologize if you are experiencing long processing time with your 2006 online application form.* Please do not start a new user id or application as your original information has been saved.* You will be able to access the same application to input further details."

Tyler

Guest Dunes

I saw that too and it was confusing to me at first, but then I understood it. I think it is saying that if you started on a new application for 2006 and there was problem happening ( on june 17th) then keep trying using the same ID and password that you created and don't create a new one :)

Archived