Premed 101 Forums

letter from UBC

Guest kakashifan

Guest kakashifan

hey guys..

so i got a single page letter from ubc thanking me for telling them that i'm accepting their offer.

they also say that i have to submit 2 sets of official final transcripts. so the ones we sent when we accepted the offer is not enough?

thanks!

=0. k

Guest adduction

That's weird. I'll check my mail, but I didn't get a single-page letter from UBC at all. Is it possible for whatever reason they didn't receive your transcripts when you accepted?

Guest kakashifan

yup.. just got it 40 minutes ago.

i live in Vancouver and it seems that i get mail pretty fast from UBC.

i just checked my app status again and it says 'ubc official t/s received'.

my marks haven't changed at all from what i sent them in may.

thanks!

=0. k

Guest mitchie41

I got the letter too.

All it says is: "If you were enrolled in courses this year, two sets of official final transcripts must be submitted".

I don't think that means you have to send in new ones. I just interpreted it as having to send them in if you already haven't.

I guess calling the admissions office would be the best thing.

haihai!

no need to send new ones if you already did. its just a friendly reminder and a thank you to us for sending admissions money.

kupo

Guest kakashifan

yo!

i called the office... (man their initial msg is long.. )

they said if you sent transcripts with your acceptance of offer, you don't have to send new ones. (unless you've taken new courses??? i don't know)

=0. k

Guest TKP 123

I got the letter also.

I think they just sent the same letter to everyone. Don't worry about the transcripts thing mentioned in the letter.

Btw, the info session was pretty useful this afternoon. It recaptured some important book mentioned in the financial book with some additional info.

TKP

Guest TKP 123

The info section emphasizes the points mentioned in the financial booklet that you received with your admission letter.

Now I have more clue on the different sources of funding and how much debt in average for a med student after grad.

Again, all these can be found in your booklet. Just that it is more clear in my mind now.

Guest uchiha itachi

yea, the seminar is basically a summary of the booklet given to you in your acceptance package.

You know how tammy empahsized that we have to declare "bachelor" under degree on our goven't student loan application? Well, interestingly, i put something else instead but still got my loan yesterday. So happy =)

Guest ungern

Just to let you know that if you put something other than Bachelor on your loan application you will still receive your loan approval from the student loan people, however I phoned them as I put "professional" and they told me that the problems occur on UBC's end. SO you still have to change your application status to Bachelor. You just need to write the student services branch and tell them that you would like to change your status from ________ to " Bachelor" and include your SIN and your BCSAP number and sign the letter.

THen there shouldn't be a problem when UBC is matching your loans to their system.

Guest uchiha itachi

hey ungern, thanks for the info. I too put down "professional" instead of "bachelor". :lol

However, u don't need to write up all that stuff to have it changed. I just got off the phone with the student service branch and they changed it for me over the phone. All they need is ur SIN and Application number.

see thats odd,

the agent at BCSAP told me i had to submit such changes in writing (or fax). so, i suppose you can try and call and get them to change it, but dont count on it.

Guest Asuna Med 2009

I did the same thing, and when I called BCSAP the lady told me not to even worry about it because they would simply see it when my application was processed and change it for me.

Guest uchiha itachi

common sense tells me that many applicants will make the same mistake so i say BCSAP should recognize this and change it for us :lol

Guest physiology

Hello,

Last year, some students in our class did the same thing. They put "professional" or "PhD" instead of "bachelor" in their student loan application. Don't worry about it. The BCSAP people will fix it. You'll probably get an email from Rosemary McCutcheon soon reminding you to put down the right category.

Physio

Archived