Premed 101 Forums

any MCATers in BC?

Guest osjx82

Guest osjx82

anyone taking the MCAT this August?

I got my admission ticket today. I signed up for UBC, but I'm thinking about changing to Prince George.

the ticket says "Brock Hall" but I'm not sure whether this is the actual exam room or just a congregation point before heading out to the exam rooms.

what does your ticket say?

Guest TKP 123

You guys will be met at Brockhall.

Then they give each of you a color code.

For example, if you got orange card, then you are assigned to one of the classrooms in the Hebbs Building (where most of you are likely to have your exams). If you got a yellow card, then you may have to go to the old comp sci building.

Personally, I do not like Hebbs building.

TKP

Guest TKP 123

For the Hebb, it will be the rooms one floor down the physics lab. It will be the rooms where you guys have tutorial in physics. Remember, it is the Hebb building, but not the Hebb Theatre.

For Old Comp Sci building, which faces the Math Annex, it will just be the rooms on 2nd/3rd floors... Classroom/lecture rooms.

TKP

Guest physiology

Hello,

I took the MCAT at BCIT and it was great. Despite being further away from me, I choose BCIT because I heard that UBC crowds everyone into Hebb theater and it takes FOREVER to register.

Anyway, maybe things have changed.

Aaron

I wrote the MCAT at both UBC and BCIT.

As mentioned earlier, at UBC everyone gathered at Brock Hall earlier in the morning, handed out a small piece of coloured card board paper, and then put into various buildings. I wrote mine at one of the lecture theatre rooms at Curtis (Law)building. Although the staffs were friendly, they were slow and the room was freezing cold. There was also quite a bit of noise when other MCAT writers in the same building to go for their breaks.

At BCIT, as physiology mentioned, I found the staffs to be a bit more efficient and organized. The desks are big enough approximately 4' x 3' (but don't quote me on that). The temperature control also seems to be a bit better.

Overall, I prefer BCIT based on my experience. I would definitely recommend layer up for clothes cause you can never predict how hot or cold the room is. Also, there were a lot of people bringing bottled powerades to the exam and the examiners seems to be fine with them by their seats.

There are a few rooms for BCIT but it's clearly printed on the admission ticket. Unlike UBC, the rooms for BCIT are further away from each other so it's not as noisy when you try to finish up that last verbal passage in the last 5 minutes! :D

Archived