Premed 101 Forums

Anyone transfer to UBC from Langara?

Guest CoconutSmasher

Guest CoconutSmasher

Hey guys,

I will be starting (over) in the fall at Langara as it's cheaper and close to my house. Just wondering if anyone has transfered from there to UBC. I'm having to figure out which courses will get me all the credit for transfering into Microbiology, physiology,etc.. that I might choose.

I'm especially confused about the physics credits and am having a tough time getting the info from UBC--they haven't been clear after three different emails.

Thanks guys.

Peace,

Stuart

Guest FungManX

Hey, I think mature applicants such as yourself (I'm assuming you already have a degree) would usually just need to fulfill the pre-req's before applying..

here's a general first year course list that I just put together for you (I have the Langara-UBC transfer credits list with me cuz I plan on going from UBC-Langara nursing..)

MATH Pre-req for ubc med = Lang Math 1183 + 1173 (equiv Math 100) ////// Lang Math 1271 (eqiv Math 101)

CHEM Pre-req = Lang Chem 1120 + Lang Chem 1220 (equiv first year chemistry req.)

ENGL Pre-req = Lang Engl 1127 + Lang Engl 1129 (equiv first yr engl req..)

PHYS pre-req (no longer required by UBC..) but good idea to take for MCAT = Lang Phys 1118 +Lang Phys 1125 (equiv to phys 100 + 101 @ ubc)

BIOL pre-req ... hmm i can't seem to find this..

I really have to get going on my english report, if i find it i'll let you know later!

Vince.

Guest FungManX

actually if you could leave ur email with me on the private messaging I could send you attachments of the course equivalents and links to the ubc calendar showing which pre-reqs are required

Archived