Premed 101 Forums

Job in medschool

Guest BurnabyBeaver

Guest BurnabyBeaver

hey everybodies,

does you now anyone have jobs while medschool in? me not sure how pay for medisine while also support family home in asia. can peoples still work on weekend? Is possible to send monies from line of credit to family? I also herd rumors some medstudent withdrau all line credit then go bankrupcy. Can then buy mercedes. Has anyone tried this and does it works?

Thanks you,

~BB~

Guest TKP 123

Do you think tutoring will make you some money?

Also, working as a summer research student after your first year in med school can help you to earn a bit of money.

which year are u in now, Burnaby Beaver?

Guest BurnabyBeaver

Hi TKP,

Your advices great will look into summer research student. Just applied for NSERC so me hope have luck...I also have been tutor to lots highschool kiddie. I tutor math, physics, chems, and calculus. Pretty fun and usually at night so can still study and work lab.

It pretty sad but i been ubc 4 year. Only take 2 or 3 course term so technically i in 2nd year. Still have fun. Lots of problems understand engleesh from prof but getting betters. I shitch major frequency from maths, gen sci, and now bichem. I still find hard balance courses i want take and those wanted by adcom.

~BB~

Guest TKP 123

For sure, tutoring gets you some points as "leadership skills" in your med school application. In fact, I was asked about my tutoring experience during the interview.

As for NSERC, if your prof has the NSERC grant, then the chance of getting your NSERC sponsorship should be big. I cannot remember how much they take your GPA into account, though. I did my NSERC summer studentship too when I was an undergrad in biochemistry. It was a great experience.

Archived