Premed 101 Forums

First year curriculum overview and Survival Guide

Guest physiology

Guest physiology

Hello,

I've noticed a few posts regarding what the courses will be like, what textbooks you need to buy, and there's actually a site that Ian Wong prepared a few years back, and I think it's excellent.

The site is:

www.medschool101.com/guidetoc.html

Some of the info has changed, but only minor things such as the fact that you won't ever have any dental students in any of your PBL or DPAS groups.

It also has a guide on what texts you need.

Physio

Guest brunchrunner

hey physiology

thanks so much for the link! it's always nice to get as much information as possible - so thanks :D

-B.

Guest physiology

Hi,

No problem! BTW - you'll get another survival guide (The Purple Book) in September, put together by one of your lovely moderators (not me this time). I won't identify him/her :)

So hold off on everything - stethoscopes, otoscopes/ophthalmoscopes, white lab coats, textbooks. It's much easier to purchase them as a group, because either you get a 1) bulk herd discount or 2) someone in your class finds a cheap place to buy ___________.

Once you get onto the medical school email lists, your inbox will be INUNDATED with emails of futons, cars, desks/chairs, and of course textbooks to buy.

Archived