Premed 101 Forums

earliest class

Guest tea

hi

i was just looking at some standard time tables for med1 and saw something quite....devastating (well for someone who absolutely adores sleeping in like me)

Does class really start at 7:30 am ? Please say it ain't so. I know hospitals start their shifts at 7am, but for a student... come on 7:30am??

ok.. please let me know. I hate to come in late everyday.

tea

(well.. soon -to -be coffee!!)

Guest kupo

hey tea,

seems to me that that course that starts earlier is the orientation course that runs in the first week. at least thats what im hoping. it would certainly be hard to get up and make it for a 730 class coming from new westminster.

Guest uchiha itachi

Where i can find the standard timetable you guys are talking about?

Aren't we all in the same class, per se? Or we all have different timetable?

Guest not rex morgan

I don't remember any 7:30 courses, but there are alot of 8:00 starts. I made it through 4 years without a timer on my coffee machine, but in retrospect, that may have been a good idea.

Guest calbearod

classes mostly start at 8am. those are for mon/wed/friday which are fixed because of PBL. PBL are small group sessions, so unfortunately you really can't sneak in late unnoticed. as for tues and thurs, that's really variable. some 8am, some 10am it all depends on that week. you'll find that quite a bit of variability in the weeks on the tues and thurs slots.

as for the hours in school. it's not as long a 8-5 days. acutally, it's more like 4pm the latest at school. it may be later if you're off-site at a family doctors office, but school doesn't run that late. and the other good news is that you will have an afternoon off. last year, in 1st term, it was mon afternoons and in 2nd term if was friday afternoon.

Archived