Premed 101 Forums

West Campus

Guest Axolotl

Guest Axolotl

Hey Guys,

Before the virus attack I had read a lot of posts by those who were accepted to the East Campus of NOSM. I thought that I would represent the West. If any of you are planning on attending Thunder Bay's campus and will be around hunting for apartments in the summer, drop me a line. It would be nice to meet with some fellow classmates before school begins in the fall.

Guest Icarus

Axolotl,

Well, I'm not going to be at the West campus but I thought I'd reply anyway. I'll be in Sudbury and I think we need to start a friendly little East-West rivalry. Hopefully we'll all have to get together at some point in the next four years and we can have a friendly hockey game or something.

For any men headed to the West campus, watch out for Axolotl, I hear he's quite the poker player.

And for you ladies, beware, I hear he's also quite the ladies man.

• 1 year later...
Guest lummock

Just got acceptance for NOSM west campus and will also be appartment hunting this summer! What are others thinking re accomodation locations / transport. Looking to get an apartment of med students together, no more than 4, will be flying to thunderbay mid august to start the hunt.

Hey Lummock,

I live in TBay at present...with respect to location/transport, if you live further than a 15-20 min walking radius than you may want to consider a vehicle since our busing system can be trying and walking that distance in the winter can be COLD lol.

There are many streets that offer student housing around the university (Ravenwood, Beverly St, Fulton, Academy Drive, Oliver Rd are a few examples). Academy towers is one of the closest secured buildings to the university, but rent can be pricey. If you are going to be apt hunting you may want to check out http://www.chroniclejournal.com and www.homesweethomerentals.ca/

The second website is a apt rental registry...costs 15 bucks i believe to access an updated registry but can be very useful.

Can't wait to meet you this fall!

Hope this helps!

Anna :)

• 8 months later...

Archived