Premed 101 Forums

If you're on the waitlist...

Guest fingerscrossed06

Guest fingerscrossed06

Hey everyone!

I guess it is getting down to the last few weeks. I will be out of the country on May 15th so I signed that part of the OMSAS application so my mom can sign an acceptance of offer (if I get one) for me.

My question was, though, what happens when you are waitlisted. Do they call or email you to notify you of a spot?? If they call, can someone else confirm acceptance for you? It makes me nervous that I won't be home around this time. Has anyone else been in this situation?

Also, does anyone know how long they give you to accept a spot before they go to the next person on the list?

not too sure about how they inform you fingerscrossed, BUT if you signed that form to allow someone else to accept for you then wouldn't they also be allowed to verbally accept for you...You may want to get in touch with NOSM to ask. Or perhaps send them a letter authorizing your mom to accept a waitlist position for you since you won't be in the country???

just some ideas.

Take care!

Anna :D

Guest fingerscrossed06

Thanks Anna!

I think I will contact them before I leave. I would hate for anything to go wrong if I ended up getting an offer or a waitlist spot.

Archived