Premed 101 Forums

EC's?

Guest acarpent1

Guest acarpent1

Hey Guysss

I am under the impression that the 50% non-interview component is made up of your short essay answers, GPA and context. At least, that's what I've been "hearing" via the grapevine, and via some very reliable sources affiliated with the school.. BUT.. that's not to say that that's necessarily completely true..

First: Is anyone aware of how these things are weighted.. I know there has been some speculation that it might be 16.6% each, and as I posted before, someone at the school told a friend of mine that it's actually 25% GPA, 25% short essay score.. but then where's the room for context? Are points awarded on top of the score? (I know.. the in all likelyhood, nobody really has the answer to this)

BUT ALSO, because the 50% non-interview component is supposed to be your "application score", then shouldn't EC's (and the other things you put in your sketch) be a part of that too?

Where do EC's fit in? Anyone?

Guest Isoceles

I don't have really have answers to any of your questions, but I WOULD speculate that EC's (ie/your OMSAS sketch) are a part of your questions score. At least that is the impression I am under for some reason...

I am really curious to know how much of a difference there is between context scores... for example, is a full 100% of the context score (whatever portion that may be of the total score) given to Northern Ontarians, 50% to those with any other significant rural/remote/northern experience? Is it subjectively scored? ???? :|

Guest Filledunord

Yeah, this whole point stuff is driving me nuts!

It would be nice to have an idea of how items are scored. I would like to know how my weaker components are going to be weighted!!! :\

Guest Icarus07

Not sure about the weighting, but I do know about the EC's.

You're correct with the 50/50 application/interview breakdown.

The 50% application score includes the original 3 components used to determine if an application received an interview. (i.e. GPA, context and "Community Involvement Assessment") The Community Involvement Assessment is actually an evaluation of your personal sketch and answers to all of your essay questions. That's where the EC's come in to play.

Again, not sure of the weighting. I would assume that all parts would keep the equal weighting they had prior to the interview, but I don't know for sure. Hope that helps.

Archived