Premed 101 Forums

Filling in application_awards

Guest Jazzey

Guest Jazzey

Hi,

I've got a question about the application for the upcoming application cycle. I have looked through and notice that the extracurricular section asks for non-academic awards. There seems to be however, no space for academic related awards. Does UBC not want to know about these? If they do, where are they supposed to be entered?

Thanks!

Guest kupo

just a heads up jazzey in case you didnt know =)

the application system has been tweaked for the 2005 year.

you can now upload three separate documents (with length restrictions of course): essay, list of awards, list of publications. it will say "received" once you uploaded them. however, if you try and re-upload the files, it will still say received. my concern is that by now, i dont know if they have the old file or the one you just uploaded. i guess you could assume that they have the more recently uploaded file, but you have no way of knowing. it would be nice to have the name of the file you uploaded so that you could test by renaming different files, etc etc. i'll have to ask them about this, i certainly dont want them to have the test file i uploaded which has only one word in it! anyways....

there are some other holes in the application system, much having to do with what the new instructions tell you and what the "reminders/instructions" tell you at the end of the application process (where you can view the entire application before really submitting it for good).

i dont have time to get into it, but if you follow the new instructions when filling out the application you should be ok.

kupo

Guest kupo

oh forgot to add, you can find that page to upload in the autobiographical essay section. i'm not sure if it tells you anywhere else on the application system.

Guest flowers

not sure if this question has already been raised on the forum, but should you put I.B. certificates received in high school under the award section? sounds reasonable to me, but just making sure!

Archived