Premed 101 Forums

LISTING ACTIVITIES

Guest livinginthebasement

Guest livinginthebasement

In the question where it asks us to list our interests and activities - is that all we are supposed to do? List them? Should we include a slight description, or should it be in sentences?

Guest docormama

Bearing in mind that this is just my opinion, I would say that sentences are the way to go. I think that listing things in sentences is more consistent with the rest of your application. I believe that we also need to add verifiers for the activities mentioned in our sketch, but please correct me if I am wrong. As for a description, for mine I included the frequency that I did the activities (eg. canoeing 2x/month).

Guest Scholastica

I have a question about this as well. Are we supposed to list activities NOT mentioned in the 48 sketch??? Or can we list activities mentioned in the 48 sketch but NOT explained in detail in other answers to the questions on the NOSM application page?

Guest karner blue

Last year I elaborated on some of the activities I listed in my sketch and included among these some of the activities that I couldn't, for lack of space, list among the 48 items. I intend to do the same this year.

That said, I agree with decormama that responses should be in sentence form.

Guest grandmellon

I would say that if you couldn't fit all your activities on the sketch to definitely include them here. But if they are on your sketch that you should elaborate on them and let them know why it is pertinent

Hi, I don't know if this helps, but last year I literally listed the activities, point form, one or two words per point with no verifiers or explanations. I got in first round, so I really wouldn't worry about whether or not to write sentences. Good luck!

Archived