Premed 101 Forums

welcome week

Guest bad boy buddhist

Guest bad boy buddhist

hey all

i couldn't help but notice that in the midst of our action-packed welcome week lies a conspicuous gap: wednesday august 31st from 8am-4pm is billed as a "day in northern ontario". i also couldn't help but notice that we will be situated in the bustling metropolis of wawa during that period. now i love days in northern ontario as much as the next guy and wawa is certainly a lovely city (man, that goose), but being the proactive nerds that we are i suggest we fill part of that time with a whimsical all-inclusive game of pre-meditated east-on-west soccer. ...or perhaps ultimate frisbee, or another active game of low-budget fun. i'm sure we could find a field somewhere in wawa and interested parties would just have to bring suitable shoes. non-interested parties may have to put up with our smell on the bus to sudbury.

this is of course if the admin keeps the itinerary open. thoughts, comments, suggestions?

- bbb.

Guest Axolotl

I'll bring a frisbee and you can bring the soccer ball. I'm going to bring some poker chips and cards for the ride as well...Icarus and I have a score to settle!

Guest opiedog

I seemed to have missed getting the itinerary outlined above by BBB. Can someone please let me know what package it it was in, or where it can be found? I checked the NOSM site, nothing there is as specific. I would love to know what all the plans are.

Thanks!

Guest opiedog

My apologies, after going through the piles of paper again, I found the itinerary

On the 30th, the bus looks like it arrives in Wawa at 21:30, but dinner is targetted for 19:00. Looks like we will be fashionably late;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest QueensMSc

Speaking from years of experience, you shouldn't have to worry too much about entertaining yourselves in Wawa...

My suggestion would be that following dinner you start the celebtrations off at the Wawa Motor (a bar located within the very hotel you will be staying and likely dining in). Around 12:30 am, however, it would be in your best interest to head-up the street (you can go from one end of the town to the other in ~20 minutes) to the Lakeview Hotel (just past the local police station and the post office). Go downstairs to what is affectionately reffered to as "The Pit."

A word of advice to all Southern Ontario kids that are unfamiliar with 'clubbing' in Northern Ontario: for best results with the opposite sex, bring your leather vest, leather fanny pack and leather ball cap. Acid-washed jeans are also suggested to keep-up with Wawa fashion.

You're going to love it.

G

Archived