Premed 101 Forums

Tuition...

Guest northerndoc

Guest northerndoc

Hi,

I know that tuition is a dreaded subject, but I am just wondering when it is due.. or if anyone has recieved any notification of it. I was a bit freaked this evening when looking at the Lakehead site and seen that the University had a deadline of August 15... I don't have a student number for Lakehead... so when I talked that lady she said that it wasn't Lakehead that my tuition would be due to... therefore I left a message with NOMS, but with the move they haven't responded. If anyone knows when, where and how I can get this tuition payment done and over with I'd appreciate it.

See you all soon,

Jenn

Guest Axolotl

Jenn,

I wouldn't be stressing over it. I have had multiple meetings with Mark Donaldson at the West Campus and he hasn't mentioned any sort of tuition deadline. The school hasn't sent any information via mail or email regarding a deadline, so I am thinking they will be addressing this during orientation week. There are a lot of people still waiting for OSAP to be straightened out (myself included).

If you are still really concerned, why don't you give Mark a call at 766-7328 or email him at Mark.Donaldson@normed.ca

He is very prompt at returning emails...and can be reached by phone anytime before noon on weekdays.

Guest northerndoc

Thanks Axolotl,

I am much more reasured to hear that there has been no word that I have missed out on. With living where I do, mail has a tendancy to get lost, stolen, or bumped from the plane due to cargo issues etc., so I was a bit startled when I checked the Lakehead website and seen the tuition date had passed. It is an exciting thought that within the next week I will be moving to a place with a road!!

Guest opiedog

I haven't heard anything either, and like Axolotl and more than happy about that for the moment. My OSAP application is messed up too, with no chance of it being corrected in any near date. What a mess, as this reflects on scholarship and bursary applications that declare a "demonstrated need".

Guest Axolotl

opiedog,

My OSAP is in the process of being straightenend out (thank god)...but I asked Mark what would happen with bursaries in the event that I wasn't able to get OSAP. He said that it would not affect the bursaries, as long as you checked off the box on the bursary application that says "applied for OSAP". As long as you applied you are good to go for bursaries (according to Mark).

Guest opiedog

Whew, that will be a big relief, thanks for sharing that info. I was starting to think that my life would be totally tied to available credit, and with a family to care for, that will be a bit tough.

Archived