Premed 101 Forums

Banking

Guest nby

I was just wondering what banks have branches (and machines) within walking distance to the hospital or the areas of town that all med students live in. What banks have ATM machines in the hospital?

Trying to figure out where to set up the line of credit...

Guest lolaloo

When I was interviewing at the school I ate in the hospital/school cafeteria and used the Royal Bank ATM machine located directly outside of the cafeteria. This was the only ATM I saw, mind you I didn't look very hard for others :P

Guest clinicalchief

The only bank machine at the health sciences centre is Royal Bank, which is also located across the street on the main campus at the student centre. There is also a Scotia machine on campus in the Arts/Admnistration bldg. Royal, Scotia and CIBC have branches located about a 15 min walk from th HSC (10 min fom main campus) at Churchill Square shopping centre. Personally, I would go with Royal since there is a machine at the HSC, but you might want to wait for a response from a current med student to see what they have done!

I wish I could say see you in August, but I can't (yet? :| )

Best of luck and congrats!

cc

Guest Douje Dog

nby,

Bank of Montreal has a branch close to the hospital (about 7 - 10 minute walk). It seems to be a pretty popular choice because it's close to where a lot of people tend to have their apartments too.

There's a couple of branches in Churchill Square too. CIBC and ScotiaBank both have branches in Churchill Square, about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the hospital.

Archived