Premed 101 Forums

Dinner on Thursday?

Guest MDSMelissa

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi,

I posted this in another thread, but I am not sure if everyone will read it there. I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for dinner on Thursday. It would be nice to meet some of the other interviewees as well as any med students who may have the time!

Cheers and good luck,

Melissa

Guest Douje Dog

I live in town, and had an interview about a month or two ago, and will be up for something like that if it gets arranged and all that. Let me know!!

Good luck to you as well.

Guest nextstopmd

I would really be interested in meeting up with some people as well, but since I'm staying with relatives in St. John's, I'm not sure if I can make it for dinner. They'd kill me if I didn't have dinner with them!

If people are getting together later on in the evening I'd probably be up for it. St. John's is a lot of fun. I'm probably going to be renting a car so I can go wherever.

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello,

Well, this is the last time I'll be checking the board before I get to St. John's. I'm staying at the Guv'nor Inn on Elizabeth St. I have no idea whether I'll be accessing the internet at all. But if anyone who is familiar with the city would like to suggest a time and place to meet, I'll try to figure it out tomorrow when I'm there in St. John's.

Melissa

Guest Douje Dog

The Guv'nor would be a nice place to go for anyone who wanted to meet up. They have a nice bar/pub/restaurant and it's obviously close to where you are staying.

Guest MDSMelissa

Ok, I lied. I am back on the ezboard (I should be sleeping- I've got to leave for the airport at 4am...). Ok, how's meeting at 6pm for dinner at the Guv'nor (389 Elizabeth Ave.). I don't know what it looks like, but I guess meeting outside the restaurant area would be best. Look for me- short blonde hair :D .

Anyone's welcome to come, I'm looking forward to meeting you Douje Dog, Treble Axe and nextstopmd (if you can make it!).

Melissa

Guest nextstopmd

Ok cool.... Sounds like we're both leaving about the same time MDSMelissa... I'm not looking forward to getting up really early either. My flight leaves Toronto at 8am (JetsGo)... At least there is Tim Hortons at the airport!

I will try to make it to the Guv'nor, but I'm not totally positive if I'll be able to swing it. Maybe for a little bit at least! Looking forward to meeting anyone that can make it!

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi nextstopmd,

If you are up at this ridiculously early hour, checking email and whatnot before you leave for Pearson, just thought I'd let you know that we will be on the same flight. Hopefully we'll be able to spot eachother (me- ~5'7", short blond hair, the usual premed type:p )...

Melissa

Guest Chillibow

Although I'm not applying to MUN Med untill this October, I would love the opportunity to hook up with you guys. Would anyone mind if I tagged along (that is, if I don't end up working late tonight)?

I live in St. John's and frequent the Governor on a regular basis. It's a great spot, just down the street from MUN.

Cheers,

Chillibow

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello,

Well, here I am in St. John's. I'm in the Health Sciences Library now, it took me about 1 hour to find it (I kept walking into hospitals, looking for the med school :o ). Of course Chillibow it would be great to meet you. So I guess we'll meet around 6? I am looking forward to it :D !

Melissa

Guest Chillibow

Hey guys,

It was a pleasure to meet all of you at the Guv. I was very impressed with the level of talent which surrounded me - I'm sure you will all go quite far in whatever path you choose to take. Best of luck in the interviews, in Med School, and in everything that you do.

Enjoy your stay in St. John's.

Cheers,

Chillibow

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello Douje Dog, Treble Axe, Chillibow and nextstopmd,

Thanks very much for a great evening last night! It was really nice to meet you, and I was so happy for the opportunity to have a little bit of social time while here in St. John's :rollin !

Good luck to you all,

Melissa

Guest Douje Dog

Thank you to all you guys too. Definitely nice to meet a few other people who are all in the same position as me. Reminded me a bit of the show Blind Date - walking into a bar not having a clue who to look for, but it was great. I'm sure all of you will do great with interviews, both here and away. Thanks again, and Best of Luck!!

D.

Guest nextstopmd

It was great to meet everyone too! Thanks for coming out Douje Dog, it was really nice of you to take time to meet with us even though you had already gone through the whole process.

To Treble Axe and MDSMelissa, it was great to meet both of you as well. I'm sure we all rocked our interviews!

Archived