Premed 101 Forums

Parking on Campus

Guest Tousie

Guest Tousie

Hi there,

I guess this is more a question for current UBC meds... How does parking work on campus? :eek I saw something about an early lottery on the UBC website, does that apply to med students or do we have alternate parking?

Thanks!:D

Tousie

Guest Ian Wong

I didn't have a car during my first year at UBC med, and therefore can't comment on the lottery system. Most of my classmates parked at B-lot (which is about a five minute walk to the UBC medicine area of the campus) whenever they were at UBC. If I remember correctly, it costs $3-4 per day.

As far as I was aware, the only parking passes that were available to students were those who were already living on UBC residences. Maybe someone who is a bit more up-to-date on the current parking situation at UBC could help you out further.

Ian

Guest Ollie

Parking at UBC is fun! :lol

B-lot is $4/day. Spaces are at a premium since they converted a significant amount of parking lots into new buildings and condos. (why condos in the middle of B lot, why?) I remember the good old days when B-lot was 40 cents/hour to a max of $3/day. There were parking attendants there during the day, and then it was free evenings and weekends. Then it went to $2 flat rate, then $3.... but I digress.

I used to have a parking pass for the C-lot, which was for carpools. You had to register 3 students and 3 cars, and then you shared the pass among the cars. I believe this option is available, but you now park in B-lot instead because the C-lot is now the new life sciences building!

Anyways here is the website: www.parking.ubc.ca/ You can probably find all you need to know on there.

Guest Tousie

hey guys,

thanks for the help! :) I've heard everyone say parking is at a premium... does arriving to school early, help? If we start at 8am, is there usually a pretty good chance to find parking at that time (ie 7:30am) or do you have to get there even EARLIER!?!? :eek

I have quite the ride in to look forward to each day, so the bus is not an option for me unfortunately...

Tousie

Guest Ollie

Not to worry, if you are arriving before 8 AM, you shouldn't have a problem finding a spot. The first couple of weeks of school are usually quite crazy, but after that it should be fine.

Guest physiology

Hey Tousie,

Try the frat houses - they offer parking at $40/month. There's one, BETA, that may still be there. Most have re-located but I think BETA may be the only one still there.

It's right across from the UBC hospital.

Physio

Archived