Premed 101 Forums

This Week?

Guest Ronin

Guest clinicalchief

Yep.

My prediction was either Friday the 13th (:o ) or early next week. However, something tells me we may be waiting a little longer, but who knows.

According to last years posts, May 12 was the earliest I noticed. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer!

Good Luck :P

cc

Guest organ0516

Last year was the 12th, but the year before was not until the 22nd or 23rd. I suspect we will find out around or within those dates.

I would rather hear sooner than later.

Guest AhhhNice

I've heard two rumors, one is that it won't be until Monday, May 16th at the earliest, then the second says late May. Grrrrr. Then again, they're only rumors.

Guest Ronin

Rumors are better than nothing.

I'm really hoping they don't come out late next week. I'm in Montreal from Tuesday to the following Monday for a wedding. I might lose my mind.

Does anyone know what happens to registered mail when you don't pick it up for a while? Is it like couriered packages that get returned to the sender after 4 or 5 days of not being claimed?

Guest clinicalchief

I have also heard a few rumors lately; all pointing to final decisions being made in the middle of this week, then its all administrative work from there. My guess is still anytime from the 16th to the 18th.

Ronin: Not sure about that registered mail question. If you are not going to be home, I would call the post office and find out. If it is destined to be sent back, maybe they could hang on to it for an extra few days for you.

Also, I'm anxious to know how registered mail is handeled in my area (Outside St. John's). We have those community mailboxes and I don't know if (hopefully :| ) I will find a postal card or if somebody will come to my door. I guess this doesn't matter at all, but I'm still curious to know!

cc

Guest clinicalchief

Hey folks:

You will find something in your mail on Wednesday, May 18 or Thursday, May 19 depending on whether they get sent out in the AM or PM.

Good Luck, and try to relax for the next few days.

cc

Guest Ronin

Thanks for the update. It's good to have a more exact idea of when they'll be showing up, even though I won't be around.

It'll be intense when I finally open up my mailbox after the long weekend.

Best of luck to everyone.

Guest cheeseman

i was informed by somone whose aunt is the vice dean of medicine that she was talking to the dean of admissions a couple days ago and apparantly admissions people aren't meeting till mid/late this week to discuss selections, so no letters likely till after the long weekend.

anyone know anything further?

Guest organ0516

I just heard a rumor from a graduate student who works in the medical school that the letters were sent yesterday.

Dont want to get anyone too excited.. it might not be true... but that could mean letters coming today.

Good Luck!!!:eek

Archived