Premed 101 Forums

Not going to make it this year.....

Guest lolaloo

Guest lolaloo

Hey Everyone!

I am hoping for a little bit of feedback about something that happened recently. I was away in Mexico (the trip was a way to take my mind off of the wait :P ) and got a message from my roommate that MUN Admissions Office called (Thursday) and needed me to call back right away as it was very important. I returned the call the next day as I received the message after the office closed. When I called I was told my file was being reviewed and the committee needed my final marks for a few courses that I had taken from Athabasca University. I did have marks for two of my three courses, but one of my chemistry courses has a lab component that is held only twice a year in Athabasca. The next available one is not until June! I am faxing off my marks for the two courses completed in addition to my marks I have received so far prior to completing the lab in my third course.

I am wondering how much of an impact this will have on my acceptance. In the letter they sent me prior to the interview it stated to send my transcript when it became available. I feel awful they had to contact me for information, I am thinking this will make me a lot less desirable to the Admissions Committee:\ Has this happened to anyone else? Also, is this really something to worry about or am I just being paranoid?

Guest climberchick

I wouldn't worry about it too much... As long as you are finished the courses by the time the 2005 year starts then you are ok. As for them having to contact you... I'm sure they contact lots of people... they contacted me for several reasons, as I'm an idiot and totatly screwed up my application... In my oppinion, it may a good sign that they asked you for your new transcripts. At least you know they are looking at your application seriously!

Enjoy the next two weeks and cross your fingers for a nice big express post envelope!

~Climber

Guest lolaloo

Hey Climber,

I really appreciate your support and advice. I was thinking about the situation so negatively that I forgot there might be something positive in MUN asking for my marks :P

I am not sure if your in the same situation as me ie. waiting to hear but hopefully you are and we end up in the same place. It seems like you would make a great classmate :D

Best of luck!!!!

Guest clinicalchief

Since they contacted you regarding this only recently, I would say its a good sign if anything. I would imagine that the preliminary decisions are already made, with only housekeeping to be done before envelopes are packed. Therefore I would say you're in good shape!

Lets keep our fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks :eek

Good Luck,

cc

Archived