Premed 101 Forums

2005 Application Discussion

Guest avisee

Guest avisee

What is the difference between the Autobiographical section (Question VIIA) and the Additional Information section (VIII)?

I think that I would like to write a note about a personal challenge that I faced, but I'm not sure in which space to write it. I'm thinking it belongs in the Additional Info section, since it's not explicitly requested, but the question says "Do you have any additional information, excluding autobiographical information?"

What is not considered autobiographical??

Guest stevetilley

The additional infromation section, afaik, is open to whatever you think will best help your application.

I just had a look at my application (still have it saved in PDF), on that page I put down a list of all the courses that I was planning to take the following spring. Also I put down a note to tell them when I'd be in St.Johns (i.e. during my spring break) so that if I was selected for an interview, I'd prefer to do it during that time so I wouldn't have to fork out for another plane ticket from Arizona to Newfoundland!!

Good Luck!!

Guest Ticket

I used the Addition Information section for overflow from each of my sections (esp. extracurricular and employment). Make sure you put the most recent and applicable items in the main part of the application, and the less recent ones in the additional information section - just in case the readers aren't into flipping back and forth.

Archived