Premed 101 Forums

MAY

Guest dantheman30

Guest dantheman30

Holy Cow,

Tomorrow is May 1... any ideas when we should here from MUN? I think this process sucks, I had my interview in January and here I am still waiting... any others???

Dan

Guest sneakydog

holy cow is right, this is a tense week. i am expecting replies to be on time this year as they had an extra month to decide. so expect a letter late this week or early next. i would say they will mail them monday or tuesday morning and then you wait on the postman. try not to stalk the mail box this week. hope you get a thick envelope, post em if you got em!

SD

Guest climberchick

Hey Sneakydog, what makes you think the letters will be sent out this week? Do you have inside information? :P Also, what did you mean when you said they had an extra month this year? Aren't the acceptances always sent out in May?

Thanks,

~climber

Guest sneakydog

yes the acceptances are always sent out in may, but in the last few years they have been getting farther into the May month and almost to june last year. so the adcom pushed up the application deadline a full month for this year so they would have more time to process paperwork and interviews, so they have had a full month longer this year to get everything in order, and this can be seen by the letters that were sent to atlantic applicants. these were right on time. so i assume that monday morning, the letters will be sent as it is the first business day in may. i am just assuming that 1+1=2 but hey i have never been that good at math.

SD

Guest llamoLlama

Hey guys,

I called admissions this morning to make sure they were sending any materials (letters of acceptance I hope!) to my permanent address rather than here at school. Before I hung up, I asked if she knew when the decisions would be sent out and she said "around the middle of the month." So, sneakydog, maybe it will be the same as last year, but maybe on the other hand this is just a standard thing they tell people as not to be specific. In any case I am a bundle of nerves while I wait and wish good luck to everyone!

Guest Ticket

To follow up sneakydog, I called MUN admissions this morning to tell them I got an offer elsewhere and I was wondering when I would get to hear from them. They said their "decisions will be out within the next two weeks".

Hang in there.

ticket

Guest walkorbike

Hi, Ticket,

I saw your good news on the Dal board. Well done! That's terrific! Thanks for narrowing down the MUN waiting interval.

-walkorbike

Guest Ticket

Thanks!

I'm still waiting to hear from MUN before I make my final decision. I'm torn between the two schools. They both seem great!!

Guest dantheman30

Congrats ticket!! I wish I would here from somebody already... still waiting on mun, dal, and ottawa u... only ones i applied to. The waiting definitely sucks!!!

Guest sneakydog

Hey everyone,

I took a look back through the list and here are the dates from previous years.

2001-may 15-notes saying they are late

2002-May 7

2003-May 23-notes saying they are late

2004-??

i know that provides no real information but at least it should stop you from wondering a little. should be here by the end of next week??? in my opinion they should be out before May, like sometime in mid april. this would make it easier to plan your next year or next step.

SD

Guest walkorbike

Hi, all,

Forgive me for posting when I have no news at all and the mailbox is empty as anything...I just wanted to wish the applicants on this board a big Good Luck with the registered mail from MUN.

walkorbike

Archived