Premed 101 Forums

Interview??

Guest supremetaco

Guest supremetaco

Can anyone help me? I have an interview on Jan 31st and I don't know what to expect. Is it a panel interview?? How long is it? What types of questions do they ask? Any examples of questions from people who have interviewed there before?

thanks in advance for any help

Guest MUNMED2006

Hi!

My interview lasted about 30 minutes. However, others' lasted for longer (45min-1hr.) I think that it's pretty variable. I thought that I had messed up because my interview was so short, but there are only a certain amount of questions and if you answer them to the best of your abilities, I guess it doesn't matter how long the interview is. All I can tell you is, do not get stressed out about this interview. You will probably be interviewed by 2 people (faculty, physicians, students, etc..) and they really make you feel comfortable. For myself, it felt more like a chat than an interview. They asked me basic questions about myself, what I like to do with my time, why I want to be a physician, etc. They were pretty standard interview questions.

As far as timing goes, last year they seemed to interview all OOP alphabetically by last name. I'm from NB, and when I had my interview, there were people from NB, PEI, NS and US.

Good Luck to All!! MUN is a wonderful school and I hope you are successful with your application here!

P.S. Talk to the pre-professional advisors at your school. They will do a mock interview with you, which is extremely helpful. If you are not in school at the moment, ask someone to interview you. It helps to practice.

Archived