Premed 101 Forums

When do classes & orientation start?

Guest stevetilley

Guest stevetilley

Has anyone who has been accepted into MUN recieved info on orientation/registration/etc as yet? I am in Arizona so I imagine it'll take a little longer to reach me than most others.

Also, does anyone know when classes start? I'd like to know so I can make plans for the rest of the summer...

Guest surfette

I don't think that we receive our packages until after Canada day. Aparently the admissions office doesn't even formulate a class list until the end of June (probably due to all the movement in June caused by the Ontario schools). Classes (I think) start August 25th, while orientation begins the Wednesday beforehand (the 20th I believe?). That makes for a long year...we're not out until the 25th of June! Again, I'm not positive, these are just dates given to me by a friend who is in first year, and they correlate to hers so they're probably fairly close. Hope that gives you an idea!

S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MUNMED2006

Surfette, your dates sound right. If they're based on the dates for last year, they classes should start the 25th with orientation starting on the 20th. One thing everyone should know is that you HAVE to be at orientation.

The year is very long. Luckily, in first year, the second and third semester are broken up by a rural visit and spring break at the end of march.

Archived