Premed 101 Forums

What's the housing situation like???

Guest surfette

Guest surfette

Does anyone know what the housing situation like? Is there a general shortage? Is it expensive? Will the school help us find a place??? Any advice?

Guest stevetilley

I'm not sure if MUN has graduate dorms...

However, if you want to live within a stone's throw of the University, then you'll likely have a harder time finding an apartment than if you want to live a short drive away.

St.John's as a whole definately has lots of apartments & houses for rent at very reasonable rates.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MUNMED2006

MUN does have graduate student housing...but, since we are not considered graduate students, I'm not sure if you can live there. However, there is also undergraduate apartments that you can share with others. They are like a residence, but you only have to share a common area with 2 or 3 people. I think these apartments fill up quite quickly.

You can check out the MUN housing website at: www.housing.mun.ca There are listings for apartments and rooms. There are also the on-line classifieds: www.thetelegram.com The Student Affairs Office at the medical school is also a great resource. Don't hesitate to ask them anything. They are immensely helpful.

If you want something for August or September, you should start searching in June. Apartments tend to go fast, but the prices are extremely reasonable. If you have a car, you can live anywhere in the city and have a reasonable drive to school. However, if you don't have a car, you should look for something in the University or CityCentre area.Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post them.:D

Archived