Premed 101 Forums

Verbal Section

Guest Natalia22

Guest Natalia22

I wrote the MCAT last weekend, however I have a pretty good feeling that I will be rewriting in August. I don't feel that I did really well overall, but especially on the verbal section. A friend suggested that I use the ExamKrackers (?spelling) book which has 101 practice passages, because their level of difficulty is much higher than that on the MCAT. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Guest Maury1274

Some really good advice that a dear friend gave me was to spend as much time as I needed doing passages (even if it is 15 minutes per passage) until my accuracy went up. Then work on the speed! I did about 2 passages a nite until the real mcat. Princeton Review is really good for the verbal section. I did the compendium passages (which were really hard). So, my advice is get the passages done perfectly accurate and then speed it up. Exam Krackers was pretty good, actually!

However, you never know how you really did. So, try not to stress it. A lot of people walk out of the mcat depressed and end up doing amazing when the results come out. Good luck!!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Natalia22,

Don't forget that you're marked relative to those who wrote your exam. You're not marked based on your raw score. Thus, unless you didn't fill in any bubbles on your scantron sheet, or unless you know how everyone else did who wrote your particular exam, try not to fret about it too much. You might be surprised how well you fared relative to your fellow exam-writers. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived