Premed 101 Forums

Mcat score

Guest Valani9

Guest Valani9

I got a 32Q - 10v, 11p, 11b

I know that's good; I'm pretty happy with it. would there be any point to rewriting, and trying to up it? Keeping in mind I'm only applying to Canadian schools. (mainly Ontario).

thanks

Guest UWOMED2005

My memory is that many/most schools use the MCAT as a "flag" or cutoff ONLY. That means as long as you make the cutoffs (I think all of the cutoffs were below 10s and Q) you get almost no credit for having higher scores. Even at Western, where MCATs are included (25%) in the final calculation of whether you get in, you get pretty significant credit for just making the cutoffs (ie something like a 18, 19 or 20 out of 25) so having a high MCAT won't make a huge difference.

In other words, don't worry about rewriting. You did great, there's very little advantage to boosting those scores, and what miniscule advantage you might get is nowhere near worth the risk you won't do as well the next time. Relax and sit tight.

Guest Valani9

Yeah - I guess my only concern was that the Queen's or Western Cutoffs might go up above that.

But that would mean Queen's going to an 11 verbal, and Western to a 22 overall (ws + v).

I guess that's not likely.

Thanks for the feedback. Cheers.

Archived