Premed 101 Forums

Holiday Inn On King

Guest JSS02

Guest JSS02

I just got a letter from the AAMC saying that the Test Center got changed from Holiday Inn on King to the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel on Keele St (bah)... anyone else get this too? I'm just wondering whether we all got moved, or just some of us...

Guest Kirsteen

Errr what?

I am currently registered to take the test at the Holiday Inn on King, but haven't received any letter refuting that confirmation. Did you receive your admission ticket a few weeks back confirming the Holiday Inn location? I might have to give the Holiday Inn a wee shout tomorrow to see what the deals are.

As to the Howard Johnsons on Keele, what is the cross intersection, i.e., what part of town?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be on the look-out,

Kirsteen

Guest JSS02

Hi Kirsteen,

I sent in my registration in mid April and received my admission ticket about 2 weeks ago. The letter today was postmarked July 27th, and said "The Test Center has been changed," not "YOU have been relocated", so I don't think it's just a few of us that are getting moved. The new location is at Keele and Wilson on 2737 Keele St., just off the 401 (in fact, I believe you can see it right from the highway).

Guest Kirsteen

Hi JSS02,

That's a wee bit of an inconvenience, potentially changing the test centre only a few weeks from test date.

I think I know which HoJo you're referring to. It's pretty massive, if I recall correctly. Doesn't leave many chill-out options, though, for the post-VR/PS lunch break. We're somewhat restricted to finding various parts of the bowels of the hotel to eat our lunches, as opposed to taking a short nip up to Queen for calming sit in Trinity Bellwoods.

Oh well, I await my letter, but I'll let you know if anything to the contrary transpires.

Cheers again,

Kirsteen

P.S. Why did you opt for Holiday Inn instead of York or UT?

Guest JSS02

Hi,

I ended up choosing the Holiday Inn over U of T because I heard about some bad experiences that people have had there, such as disorganization, too many people, etc. I thought the hotel would be a less stressful place to right it, but that's not the way it's turning out so far...

Guest Kirsteen

Hello again JSS02,

What you heard regarding the UT MCAT location is fairly accurate. I wrote there last year and was suprised at how long (most probably due to the vast number of writers) it took for the exam to actually begin. Although I think that most MCAT writers are supposed to begin at ~9am, we didn't actually sink our teeth into VR until after 10am.

Still a void in the mailbox re: the AAMC letter, by the way.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest JSS02

Believe it or not, I received ANOTHER letter from the AAMC today, saying that their first letter was "mailed to [me] in error." The location for the MCAT is once again the Holiday Inn on King... it's absolutely ridiculous that they made a "mistake" (seems pretty fishy) like that in the first place, but I guess I'm happy that the location is at least once again reasonably accessible.

Guest Kirsteen

Jeez,

That's difficult to believe, JSS02. I just received my letter in the post yesterday regarding the change in location to the HoJo. Hopefully, the mailman will speed up and bring a little good news to my mailbox too.

Cheers for the update,

Kirsteen

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what room we're supposed to be in on Saturday at the Holiday Inn? I tried calling, and the lady had no clue what the MCAT was, but said there was a room (King 1, or something like that) booked from 7 AM to 7 PM on Saturday...

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there JSS02,

The only thing I've heard is that signs are supposed to be posted. Normally, in hotels there is a notice board providing info as to which events are in which rooms. I'm sure the Holiday Inn will be no exception to that.

Good luck, and see you in the crowd somewhere!

Kirsteen

Archived