Premed 101 Forums

Cell Phone coverage?

Guest UBClebronjames

Guest UBClebronjames

I noticed that on another board (calgary) there was some discussion in regards to cell phone coverage. To the current med students who use cell phones around UBC and at the numerous hospitals and care centres in the lower mainland, what, in your opinion, is a good company and plan to choose?

-Rogers?

-Telus?

-Fido (in particular their new $45 unlimited incoming and outgoing calls from any prividor)?

-other?

Guest McCarey007

I'm personally using Fido. Most of my closer friends also use it so we get unlimited calls. I find that Fido has poorer reception in general. Many times, I get cut off in the middle of a conversation and have to redial again. Fido does have attractive prices though...

Guest ubcpharmer

hi

Bell has a new vancouver 20 plan. you get 100 weekday and 1000 evening and weekend minutes for $20/month. in terms of coberage i have no idea:)

Guest threeputt

I have many friends on Fido, and most of them hate it - pockets of BAD reception all over the city. Notice how aggressive their marketing is these days? That's because coverage sucks.

Telus and Rogers provide good coverage, pretty stable, and both offer competitive plans. Check out their websites.

As for Bell, I have no idea, but they are a very big company, and are probably technologically up to date.

Guest Ollie

Hi ubcpharmer,

where did you see this vancouver 20 plan advertised. I looked on their website but didn't see it. Sound like a pretty good deal (although you probably have to pay extra for all the other stuff like voice mail).

Archived