Premed 101 Forums

Palm pilots- wireless or not

Guest mgupta

Guest mgupta

hey guys

like many of you, i'm looking to buy a PDA as well...and have been plagued by the NUMEROUS features that make it really impossible to decide what kind of palm to go with. for example : wireless or not. i have no clue whether the london/UWO hospitals are wireless or not (or if they will be soon), and i'm also not sure whether it is a feature that should play a role in decision making.....

the models i'm really eyeing are the Tungsten C and Tungsten T3 by Palm. T3 is newer, but doesnt haev wireless, whereas C has been around for 2 yrs, still doing well in the market and is wireless.

so does anyone have anything good bad to say about these two and the wirless options?!

Thank you very much!

Guest UWOMED2005

You aren't going to be able to use the wireless feature at the London Hospitals. You're better off going for a cheaper model, or one that has more power/memory for the same price.

I've got a Tungsten E, which is sort like a scaled down C. It's still more powerful and has more memory than I need than I need, and I've never noticed not having the wireless. Seriously, go for the cheapest model you can find at this point. . . the extra $$ for more features isn't necessary.

The only way I could see wireless being of any use to you would be if you paid a monthly subscription to access the internet. I don't even know if this is available in London, or what the cost would be. Even if you did have that, all you would gain would be the power to check e-mail and browse the web. Considering how much less satisfying it is to surf the web using a Palm (small screen, no keyboard/mouse) as compared to a PC, you're better off just sneaking on to one of the numerous computers that lie around LHSC or St. Joe's.

Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

Archived