Premed 101 Forums

LMCC - finished at last!

Guest McMastergirl

Guest McMastergirl

Well, I wrote the LMCC yesterday - the last hurdle of med school. Just wondering if anyone else out there just wrote it, and how did you find it? I hated the second part, where you have to check off options from a long list - ick! I have no idea how I did at ALL. Oh well.

Guest Ian Wong

Congrats doc! The LMCC sucks rocks, no question about it. :) Such vague and ambiguous questions, and certainly more difficult than the corresponding USMLE Step 2 that US med students write.

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that the exam is scaled such that only the bottom 5-7% (I forget which number) will fail this exam, and even if you do, you can still go on to residency. In general, I don't think it's the Canadian grads who fail this exam, but rather the foreign docs who are writing this exam as part of their requirements to get Canadian licensure; I can't imagine being say a practising orthopedic surgeon in your country, and then getting smacked around by an exam testing you on Psych, OB/GYN, Canadian law, etc! Ouch!

Anyway, congrats on being done your last official medical school requirement! :)

Ian

• 1 year later...

Archived