Premed 101 Forums

Class of 2008 -- So, what are you like?

Guest Kels2004

Guest Kels2004

Hi guys... Just wondering what my classmates-to-be are interested in... :)

I enjoy triathlon, skiing, travelling, and reading.

I have a background in life science (Queen's) and Epidemiology (U of C).

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Kels2004,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but were you an in-province or out-of-province applicant to UBC this year?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kels2004

Hi Kristeen,

I grew up and attended high school in Victoria, BC, and therefore fell under the in province category.

K

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again Kels2004,

Great to see that you managed to gain some cross-country experience with your pre-medical degrees. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest northpole

Hey Kels!

What a good idea for a thread!

Triathlon huh? Wow! You must be in rather good shape!

I myself am into rock climbing (indoor, sport, and some trad), lots of cycling (usually as a commuter), running, reading, some drawing... I've done a fair bit of travelling (lived in South Africa for a while-- what a great experience that was! Also spent a lot of time in Europe-- I have some family in Holland and friends elsewhere)

I got my BA in psych from UVic a looooong time ago (well, in '97).

oh! ps. am also big into music!

Let's hear from other people!

I hope you are all (if you're presently in Vancouver) loving the beautiful weather here! Vancouver in the summer-- there is NOWHERE better!;)

Guest mlongpre

Hey Kels,

Did you train with the Queen's triathlon team? I went to Western and loved the Queen's race. Are you training/competing this summer?

Guest Kels2004

Hey mlongpre! small world!

Yep, I was on the tri team in 1999-01 and was co-president in 00/01. Glad you liked the Hammer, Dash and Burn! Such a fun, muddy race! I hope to do one or two tris this summer, but i am sorely out of shape... I've been living in England for the past year, and did not bring my bike out... and have only made it to the pool a few times! So, maybe a sprint distance one (although I'm not very fast, so not really a "sprint!") :rollin

I think there is a good tri club at UBC - I hope to join up in September. What about you?

Northpole - living in SA eh? That's awesome! I've always wanted to travel there - I have distant relatives there, so just need some time and money! Glad you are enjoying the sun... I'm stuck in the rain today!

Guest physiology

Hello Everyone,

I like to run and I did a half marathon last summer (swore I'd never do it again, but I think I will someday), but I'm nowhere near that level of fitness right now.

It'll be great to finally meet some of you at the financial session and during dinner.

I just finished my third year of sciences at UBC and I will enter med school without a degree (now in hindsight, I kinda want it, but I knew what I was getting myself into when I applied)

Guest 604EL

Wow!! All of you are so athletic!! me... WAS athletic... but right now is in the process of becoming a potato. :D

I'm just a typical guy who's into sports (esp bball and vball), cars/modding and bikes.

Guest mlongpre

Hey Kels,

I am planing to join the tri club as well. But until then I'm trying to do some training and a few races at the end of the summer. I'm always looking for more training partners if you interested. I'm going to the dinner after the financial meeting so we can chat then.

Mi

Guest Kels2004

Hi Mi,

I'm currently living in Jolly Ole England so I won't be able to make the financial meeting (but I'm looking forward to people posting to let us out-of-towners know what was said!)

I have another Queen's tri friend coming to UBC as well (she just got off the Occupational Therapy waitlist today - yippee!) so it looks like there will be some good running, biking and swimming partners around! Anyways, looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else!) in August!

Kels

Archived