Premed 101 Forums

U of A's Policy for Denying Acceptance

Guest Spicy Aam

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to the U of A's policy for offering a position. Perhaps any moderators can help me out here. Basically, on their FAQ's, it says:

"Acceptance into U of A Medicine Program": Offers will be made in March or April and May or June. Please note that all Canadian Medical Schools share information in regards to acceptance into medical school. Should you be accepted to medical school at the University of Alberta and it comes to our attention, as it will, to the fact that you have accepted a position at another medical school, your acceptance will be immediately withdrawn from our school. This rule also applies to holding a Deferral position as well.

I don't understand what this means exactly. If the U of A offers you a position, but you have temporarily accepted at another school (by placing a deposit), will the U of A automatically take you off of their acceptance list? Or do you have the option to then decline the other school's offer and accept U of A's? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Spicy

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447460</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>U of A's Policy for Denying Acceptance</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<dateline>1118447460</dateline>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived