Premed 101 Forums

3 weeks left!!

Guest 0nsp

Guest 0nsp

Hey Guys,

I figured y'all would would want to know: I just talked to Andrea, and the adcom is meeting on the 25th and 26th of May. That means phone calls are going out on Friday the 27 and Monday the 30. Only acceptees will be called, and everyone else gets a letter. Hope this calms some nerves. Good luck to everyone!

Guest scrubbed

I think that you should be okay Braveheart.

If your posts on here are any indication, you appear to be a thoughtful person.

Best wishes!

Guest Braveheart

Thanks Scrubbed!

I would like to think that I am. UofA is my number one choice and my heart's pretty set on it right now (I'm just hoping that I don't keep my hopes up so high for it and don't get it).

Is UofA your number one choice Scrubbed? If so, hopefully we'll be in the same class together! That would be pretty cool!

Best Wishes to you too!:)

Guest apical meristems

Hey guys,

Good luck to all of you! Alberta dent conditional admission should be out this week. Perhaps we'll in the same class too. ;)

Cheers,

ap

Guest scrubbed

Hey there,

My first choice is anywhere that accepts me, though that criteria will be modified accoridingly depending on how things go!

As for active applications, I was waitlisted as an OOP (BC resident) at U of C, and am still waiting on U of A, Queen's, and U of T.

I thought that I interviewed well at the U of A and was very impressed with the hospital. In addition, I hear that U of A has a very strong internal medicine program, which is the speciality I'm interested in. I have a research background from undergrad, which is something that I would like the opportunity to continue at the U of A.

The weather isn't too much of a turnoff as I grew up in northern BC and lived in Alberta for eight months during a co-op work term.

And, of course, Edmonton is the City of Champions, so that's a definite bonus.

Braveheart: I've noticed that you've posted for a few schools. Do you have a particular preference?

Cheers and continued best of luck,

The waiting is the hardest part

Every day you see one more card

You take it on faith, you take it to the heart

The waiting is the hardest part

Guest Braveheart

Scrubbed,

Yes, UofA is definiately my number one choice. I'm actually a Calgary resident and so being at UofA is nice because it's still in the same province and has a program that I feel really works well with my style of learning.

UofA I think would also work well for you too. They are having a great deal of construction right now and one is a cardio-centre while the other is some research facility (but I'm sure you already knew that). I've had an extensive amount of research experience as well and though my heart is pretty set on staying in clinical medicine, having a school with good research facilities always keeps the doors open if my interests go back into lab work.

Ha ha... I forgot that Edmonton was the City of Champions.... though Calgary and Edmonton have had their differences, I would gladly cheer for the Oilers (if the Flames didn't make the playoffs) and I got accepted into UofA. My brother would probably kill me for it though.

Good luck to you all!

Guest 0nsp

Hey Scrubbed,

just thought it interesting that we are waiting on the exact same schools: I got waitlisted (IP) at UofC, and am hoping for some good news from any of UofT, Queen's and UofA (preferably the latter 2).

and Braveheart: Damn rights you're going to be cheering for the Oilers !! (pending the resumption of NHL play, of course) If I see any Flames jerseys, there will be lychings afoot! :b

Guest Braveheart

Ha ha ha!!!

Onsp,

Hey, I'd be happy to cheer for any team if NHL is still going on.... maybe I'll be an internal Flames fan if I am at UofA.... hey, how can we forget the awesome run they had in the last hockey season? But honesty, whatever Canadian team makes it into the playoffs will be my favorite team.... when is a Canadian team going to win the Stanley Cup again?

Archived